Power Your Career at Curtis
|Senior Production Supervisor - 1st Shift||Manufacturing
Senior Production Supervisor - 1st Shift
- Location: Carolina
The Senior Production Supervisor supervises, and coordinates activities of the Production Department in certain shift related to processing materials and manufacturing products. Resolve operational and manufacturing problems to prevent production delays.
- Reviews, on a weekly basis, production schedules with a 3-4 week horizon. Analyzes and prioritizes work in process flow based on model types, and quantities, to be able to build the final product and fill the customer delivery dates in order to plan department operations for the manufacturing shift assigned.
- Plans production operations.
- Establishes priorities and sequences for manufacturing products to assure production schedules are met.
- Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications.
- Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays as needed.
- Reports and analyzes machines and equipment performance to ensure specific operational goals and optimum utilization are met.
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Analyzes manufacturing capacities and production schedules to facilitate decision-making.
- Approves or arranges approval for expenditures.
- Plans utilization of production personnel to improve efficiency of operations in company.
- Implements operations systems to achieve effective work loads and work flow.
- Constantly achieve 5S total expectation and promote it through his subordinates.
- Prepare and maintain the annual budget for Production department, which includes hiring for new personnel, overtime estimates per production department, and capital equipment among others.
- Justifies hiring. Makes performance evaluation of subordinate supervisors. Ensure compliance with applicable federal and state employment laws and regulations. Resolves worker grievances or submits unsettled grievances to Human Resources or General Manager.
· Bachelor Degree with Master Degree in Industrial Management, BSEE or BSIE, preferred; or a combination of education and experience.
Minimum of five years experience in a similar position.